– Gather the essentials:
o Your Social Security Number
o Contact Information
o Tax Information for the year of 2014 for you (and your spouse/parent*)
- *Your marital status and/or dependency status will determine if information for your spouse or parent will be required.
o Talladega College’s School Code (001046)
– Complete the Application
o Go to www.fafsa.ed.gov website
o Click the green “Start A New FAFSA” button to begin your application.
- If you have completed a FAFSA for the previous year, please click the green “Login” button to begin your application.
o Select the option titled “Enter your (the student’s) FSA ID”
- If you have previously set up a FSA ID and User Password, please enter that information here.
- If you do not have an FSA ID, please click the blue sub link “Create an FSA ID” and follow the prompts.
- Once you have created your FSA ID, please use this information to login into your FAFSA.
o Answer questions in each category (Student Demographics, School Selection, Dependency Status, Parent Demographics*, Student Financial Information, Sign and Submit)
- Be sure to use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool when prompted. This allows you to transfer your completed tax return information to your FAFSA automatically. It’s easy, it reduces errors, and it makes the entire application process easier.
o Please make sure that you (and your spouse/parent*) sign your FAFSA. An FSA will need to be created for your spouse and/or parent if their signature is required.
– Submit your FAFSA
o Once you (and your spouse/parent*) have signed your FAFSA, click the blue “Submit My FAFSA” button.
– CONGRATULATIONS! You have completed your FAFSA for the 2015-16 academic year!
o Review the information listed on the confirmation page and print it for your records.
o Within the next few days, you will receive a confirmation email stating that your FAFSA has been processed by the Central Processing Service (CPS).
- After you receive this email, please allow 1-2 weeks for the Talladega College Office of Financial Aid to provide you with an update on your FAFSA.